Friday, May 20, 2011

Convention - Make & Takes

One of the sessions at the Stampin' Up Convention gave us time to play with some new stamp sets we were given as part of our Convention pack.  The new stamp sets are called "Creative Elements" and "It's Your Day" and will be available in the new catalogue due out later this year.

The first card is a simple elongated card that uses the "Small Open-End Envelopes", an item I have decided I must have.  The butterfly on the card has been stamped using 3 different markers, a technique I hadn't tried before but one I will be using regularly from now on.

The second card uses a combination of cardstock that has been "distressed", a new style of ribbon that will become available with the new catalogue and has a touch of Shimmer Paint brushed over the stamped image.

The third item is a small scrapbooking page using various stamps from the "Creative Elements" set and shows a photo of my sister, Denise and my niece, Olivia all dressed up to go off to a wedding last month.

It was great having some time to play with our new stamps and sit and learn some different techniques at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment