Thursday, September 27, 2012

Playing with Evergreen


I have spent quite a bit of time playing with one of the new stamp sets from the Holiday Catalougue called Evergreen.

This stamp set has a series of Christmas trees including a solid image, an outline image and an image that uses the words from Silent Night.

These are two of a series of cards I have made so far.  The first is a 'Z fold' card and I have used a combination of Old Olive card stock and the new Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper.  The tree on the front uses Old Olive ink for the background image and I have embossed the outline image with white embossing powder.  The image on the inside of the card is the one using the words from 'Silent Night'.


The second card uses Real Red, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock as well as a piece of acetate overlay.  I have stamped the outline image of the tree as a background and sparkled it up with Dazzling Diamonds.  I have then stamped the 'Silent Night' words onto the acetate with black StayzOn ink.  Lining the two trees up was a bit of a challenge but I was happy with the final result.

1 comment:

  1. These cards look great, like the acetate idea. Now you make me want to buy more product!!!

    ReplyDelete