Sunday, July 8, 2012

Using embossing folders



I decided the other day to google and see if I could find different ways to using the various embossing folders I own.  I found so many ideas to try that I was almost completely overwhelmed.  Here are my fist two finds.

The first is pressed embossing where I have punched circles of various sizes and stuck them onto a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock.  I have then run the whole piece through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder and there you have it.  A bit of trim and a sentiment from Happiest Birthday Wishes and I had made a great card.




The second card is amazing.  I CASed it from an American demonstrator but then I couldn't find her name on my second search.  A similar card is also in the latest Mini catalogue.  This is so simple, first I punched out the shape in a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  Then, using small stamps (flowers, flourishes & circles in this case) I stamped around the edge of the punched hole.  Once it wass stamped, I sent it through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.  I then stamped the sentiment on the piece of punched out cardstock.  I put the embossed layer on the card using plenty of dimensionals and then put the sentiment on the card base through the window.

As I said, these are the first two cards of a list a mile long of new ideas I have found.  I will be making these cards at my August Stamp-A-Stack so keep an eye out for the date.




1 comment: