Sunday, March 18, 2012

An 18th Birthday Card


My nephew, Matthew, turns 18 next weekend so a special card was required for this occasion. 

I have made this 3D staged card along a sporting theme.  Matthew has just started at Newcastle University studying PE teaching so I thought this fitted the bill.  He is also swimming at the Olympic trials in Adelaide this weekend although he tells me it is not his time yet but in 4 years you never know what might happen.

This card is a combination of Stampin' Up products including card stock in Crumb Cake, River Rock and Certainly Celery and some stamps from various SU stamp sets but I have also used some non SU products to fit the "sportsman" theme.

It took me a couple of goes to get all the figures to move properly but the final card opens and closes as it should and works well.


The card is off to the household where everyone is very "card making" savvy and will be checked over thoroughly.  I hope it passes muster.


No comments:

Post a Comment